Thursday, October 16, 2008

Yes, I'm moving to Tok


I've been in Anchorage, Alaska for 3 years now.

Just last week, my husband told me we are moving to Tok, Alaska.

He was offered a great job for his field: wildlife biology.

I'm lucky because my work is totally portable: Internet and writing. Otherwise, I'm not sure what kind of job opportunities there would be for someone like me.

The big challenge will be finding reliable, regular childcare for our 2-year-old. I need to be able to work at least 6 hours a day straight. Maybe we'll go back to having someone come to our home to play with her and care for her while I'm working. That worked out for her first year. I'm just sorry to have to take her out of her current daycare because she really thrives there and has made friends.

Just one of the things we'll have to work out as we move to a new place. It just might be a little more challenging in a town of less than 2000 people. I don't want to even think about leaving my friends here in Anchorage and trying to make new ones in Tok. I don't know what I'm going to do.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In Tok most daycare is done in house by someone who is known in the community for taking care of kids. Ask around.